Sunday, November 19, 2006

Early Season Surprises

Surprisingly Good

Air Force - They just went on the road and beat Major Conference squads Stanford and Colorado on their own courts- by a combined 72 points! Duke should be able to handle them on Monday; but not without a fight.

Michigan State - topping Texas and almost beating Maryland with such a young team is impressive.

Oral Roberts - If a team that I don't even have pegged to win the Mid-Con over IUPUI can beat my #1 team Kansas on their home floor, they're surprisingly good.

Oregon
- I had them being surprisingly good before the season, but if 5'6" freshman Tajuan Porter can score in the 20's every night (so far an avg. of 27.5 ppg), this team can SOAR.

Butler
- I had them beating Notre Dame in an upset, but I though Indiana could handle them. Wrong. Butler looks really good and should be able to take the Horizon League.

Maryland - Beating MSU in the finals was good, but absolutely demoralizing St. John's in the semifinals was even better.

Pittsburgh - I don't like Pittsburgh. But they've proved that they're good. Even without Aaron Gray for much of yesterday's UMASS game, they pretty much dominated. I don't think this'll be the same story in Big East play, though. They'll have a lot of close games.

No comments:

ad